Thursday, September 25, 2008

Me Oh My

She sweeps with many-colored brooms,
And leaves the shreds behind;
Oh, housewife in the evening west,
Come back, and dust the pond!

You dropped a purple ravelling in,
You dropped an amber thread;
And now you've littered all the East
With duds of emerald!

And still she plies her spotted brooms,
And still the aprons fly,
Till brooms fade softly into stars
And then I come away.

Emily Dickinson


So today has been a pretty good day, considering it is putting me that much closer to this 10-day holiday coming up! We had a blast in math with composite functions, and some keen soccer time at P.E. with Mr. Choi! Then after a brief break, we had an incredible AP test with took all of and hour and thirty-five minutes. After lunch, we are in SAT prep now.. writing these blogs!

So I am wondering what is going to happen during the break? Will we all go to the islands? I certainly hope so! I have some play practice, a lot of homework, but especially a lot of time on my hands to relax and enjoy this random early holiday.. which is really not needed, but hey, we take what we can get!

1 comment:

Pam Sanderlin said...

Great poem. I figured out how to make the picture wider. I'll show you in class tomorrow.